Stockings & Lingerie Blog–10 Best Posts of 2009

I’ve made lots of new friends this year. Besides thanking each and every one of you, I want to make some of my better posts more accessible. If you’ve just discovered The Lingerie Addict (formerly Stockings Addict), I believe these 10 entries are essential reading.
____________________________________________________________

Why Write a Stockings Blog? and Stockings Addict: The 500th Post! are the place to start if you want to know a little bit more about me, why I write this blog, and where I want to go with it.

How to Buy Lingerie You’ll Actually Wear is a great 10-step guide for ensuring that the only panties in your drawer will be those you can’t wait to put on.

The 3 Kinds of Lingerie You Should Buy Online and the The 3 Kinds of Lingerie You Should Never Buy Online are great jumping-off points for people who are transitioning from brick-and-mortar shopping to online shopping. But even experienced online shoppers can find good tips here.

3 Steps to Buying Lingerie from E-bay is the perfect guide if you’re thinking of getting some knickers from everyone’s favorite auction site. E-bay is my personal choice for vintage pretties.

Should You Wear Stockings to Work? is a post I made for “Wear Stockings to Work Week.” But as a young professional, these are also the questions I asked when deciding whether or not to wear nylons to the office.

On Stockings & Subterfuge: a guest post from Catherine of Kiss Me Deadly is written by the very same Catherine who sponsored the corset giveaway! Brilliantly written from the P.O.V of a lingerie insider this post is incredibly educational. If you’ve ever wondered why companies charge different prices for the exact same product, you need to read this.

Nude Hosiery for Women of Color and Stockings, Tights, & Pantyhose for Curvy Gals are part of my continuing efforts to make The Lingerie & Stockings Addict a more diverse and welcoming space for everyone, no matter their color, size, or gender. Expect more posts like this in 2010.

Love a different set of posts? Let me know in the comments! If I get enough, I’ll write another entry with your favorites. Happy Reading!

1. Leah says:

I love your tips on how to buy lingerie that you can actually wear. I'm so guilty of buying stuff which never see the light of day. Always, I'm so influenced by the model that I always thought that what looks good on her will look good on me. Now, I know better. Thanks for the pointers.

PS…How do I find time to respond to all the comments? I'm a lady of leisure when I'm not shooting a wedding. Hahaha! And I live in Manila where we have household assistants to do the chores. That's the good side of living in my humid country. xoxo

2. Elizabeth Marie says:

OHHHH love this! I can't wait to read them all, especially how to buy lingerie I will actually wear.

I loooove your blog.

P.S. I just saw your tweet-I am SO glad you had a good 2009, and I hope 2010 only gets better :)

XOXO

3. SoCalMan says:

I cannot express how grateful I am to have happened upon this blog, to find a kindred spirit when it comes to lingerie and stockings (although not wearing them, like you). I've enjoyed the enlightenment and conversations the past month, and look forward to a continuation of them in 2010 and beyond.

Congrats on an amazing 2009, Treacle.

4. Olive Tree Guitar Ensemble says:

Hi, it's a very great blog.
    I could tell how much efforts you've taken on it.
    Keep doing!

5. Elizabeth Ruby says:

Gorgeous post!
    Will have to check ou tthe links ;)
    And super cute photo at the top!
    xoxo

6. alexkeller says:

drawer full of stuff i never wear….but i have seen some adorable vintage lingerie on Etsy!

7. Couture Cookie says:

Love the posts on what to buy and what to not buy online! Thanks again for all the great advice! xoxoxox

8. Jennifer Fabulous says:

Oooh I haven't been following you that long, so I haven't seen these posts yet. So I am bookmarking this b/c I know I'm going to need them!! I hope you have a great New Year!!

9. daisychain says:

Your blog is such an incredible source of inspiration.

10. Couture Carrie says:

Can't wait to check all of these out ~ fab link list, darling!

xoxox,
    CC

11. kpeach says:

so fun thanks for this round up xx

12. Couture Carrie says:

P.S. In answer to your query… not a big fan of the bike short!

xoxox,
    CC

13. Mish Dish says:

Love the posts and tips. Thank you new friend. I too am very grateful for all the new friends I have made via the web :-)

Wishing you a very Happy and healthy New Year!
    Cheers! xoxo Mish

14. Savvy Gal says:

Happy new year. xoxo

15. Tights Lover says:

All excellent posts. Great review.

…Looking forward to seeing what you post about in 2010…

16. Cafe Fashionista says:

I am settling in right now to read each and every one of these posts! And I am looking forward to learning more about you my love!! :)

17. Maggi says:

Awesome list! I got my cincher today and it's gorgeous! Thanks again!

Happy New Year!

18. Dream Sequins says:

What a beautiful list of posts! You've inspired me to create my own. And thanks so much for your lovely comment :) Happy 2010!!

19. clarewbrown says:

Ohhh this is a wonderful idea! I love all of these posts, I am going to have to go back and read each one… thanks lovely! Keep up the amazing blog work!

20. Petra Bellejambes says:

Hey Treacle – I am with all the other acolytes here. You do superb work, and these 10 posts cover as much ground as can be in a single bound.

Always happy to see when my instincts are in pretty good alignment with yours. I know I am heading in a good lingerie direction when that is the case.

Really lovely getting to know you. Thanks for all the selfless work. Happy new year to you.

xoxo – Petra

21. Leah says:

Happy New Year Treacle! xoxo

22. Isquisofrenia says:

hahha i have no idea
    really???
    shes adorable ha!

23. Pippa Artus says:

GREAT TIPS :) Especially about buying lingerie you will actually wear :)

24. Treacle says:

@alexkeller
    Oooh…thanks for reminding me! You're right, Etsy is another great place for finding vintage lingerie.

@Jennifer Fabulous
    Thanks so much! Please, if you'd like me to write about anything in particular, just let me know. I aim to please and all that. :-)

@daisychain
    Thank you! I feel the same way about your blog.

@Maggi
    Soooo happy to hear that you got your cincher in the mail. Catherine is uber-reliable but I always worry things like this might get lost in the post…especially around the holidays. Let me know how it fits? I'd love to see pictures!

@Dream Sequins
    I'm off to read your list now!

@Petra Bellejames
    I very much enjoyed your yearly round-up of posts. It helped me learn more about you. :-)