I am so tired I can barely keep my eyes open, but I have to blog because today is my 500th post. When I started Stockings Addict, I wasn’t even sure I’d still be around in a month…much less 18 months. And I have to say, without exaggeration, that starting this stockings blog is one of the best decisions I’ve ever made in my life–right up there with backpacking across Europe and moving to Seattle. Though I’m not the most popular stockings blogger online, I think my little corner of the internet is a great success, and here’s why:
1) Better sex life. I debated even including this item since the relationship I planned to write about ended last weekend. But you know what? Writing about lingerie and wearing lingerie makes me feel sexy…and if that’s not a part of having a good sex life, I don’t know what is.
2) Awesome social network. I’ve met and talked to people that I would have never known without starting this blog. One of them is even a real life galpal, Stocking Vixen. Relationships can’t be measured in dollars, so even if I were to stop writing tomorrow (and don’t worry, I won’t!) Stockings Addict is a success because of the friends I’ve made.
3) People read my blog and value the information here. If I didn’t have readers and commenters, I would have stopped writing long ago. Your feedback sustains me, and I want you to know that I appreciate every single visit.
4) I have learned so much about lingerie. Believe it or not, I used to hate lingerie. Growing up in the South, I had to wear ill-fitting pantyhose to church every Sunday, and I thought girdles were a tool of the devil. Writing this blog has exposed me to so much that, even though I’m a long way from being an expert, I’m definitely a more knowledgeable consumer..
5) A new identity as a writer. It hit me a few weeks ago, that I’m one of those people. A blogger. A writer even. It’s an identity that’s grown on me, and with plans to take Stockings Addict to its next phase, I’m ready to take my writing to the next level as well.