Suspender Pantyhose: Yay or Nay?

After 18 months of lingerie blogging, I feel pretty confident in saying I’ve worn almost every kind of underwear out there, no matter how extreme or eccentric. Yet, there’s one type of hosiery I haven’t tried yet–suspender pantyhose.

Now, I’m finally thinking of giving them a shot. I’ve narrowed my choices down to three selections. What’s your favorite? Or should I leave these risqué tights alone all together?

Sheer Luxe Cut-Out Pantyhose
$28.00 at American Apparel

Wolford Individual 12 Stay-Hip Tights
$75.00 at Bare Necessities

Charnos Hosiery Boudoir Collection Bodyfree Pantyhose
$9.00 at Figleaves

1. MT
    28/09/09 at 10:50

Charnos Hosiery Boudoir Collection Bodyfree Pantyhose because I think the suspenders are more subtle than the other versions.

2. Sheen V
    28/09/09 at 12:25

I've tried them and some are better than others. I had not seen the American Apparel's before, so I may have to give them a try (esp since Sasha Gray's modeling them!!). And I've been really wanting to try the Wolford's – they are two separate legs – as Wolford quality is A1.

3. Tights Lover
    28/09/09 at 14:42

The Stay Hip tights are probably the worst thing I've ever purchased from Wolford, and well, you know how much I've purchased from Wolford. In fact, you can have mine for free if you want, I'll never wear them again anyway.

I also once purchased a pair of suspender hose from Victoria's Secret and was very dissatisfied with those.

So, yeah, I guess I'm in the 'Nay' group on this one…

• Kerry
      31/03/13 at 11:29

I would love to try them on…I noticed that there are two versions of the Stay Hip tights, the 15Den and Individial 12Den type. However, all I can find is the 12Den one, which has a striking price of $70+…

I would like to wonder what’s the size of the pair you have?

Best

4. Janus
    28/09/09 at 14:58

I would say try them, but I have no idea which would be the best one to try. I've seen a similar product from Leg Avenue, and from what I remember, they cost a little less than any of the ones you mentioned. So if you aren't sure if you'll want to wear them more than once, I might suggest going with them.

5. Treacle
    28/09/09 at 22:10

That's all very good advice. Thanks for your comments.

6. T-Rex
    01/10/09 at 13:00

Suspender hose tend to look a bit cheap and cheesey to me, which isn't your look at all. However, I think you will need to try them at some point because you *are* a stocking and lingerie fanatic, and you need to sample everything at least once. :-)

7. Anonymous
    02/10/09 at 11:05

I like the Wolford Stay Hip stockings. It's an unusual look, one that I think is sexy. It can take awhile to figure out how to get them on right the first time, but the end result is worth it. I just can't justify the price — $75 for a pair of stockings is way too much for me. You might find a better deal on e-bay, but still…

I wonder what the other poster did not like about them?

Johanna

8. Anonymous
    05/11/10 at 19:09

I love the look of the stay hip design! Unfortunately my wife has only worn them once. (and most of the lingerie and nylons I bought her have never been worn) :(
    They are probably easier to untangle than suspender hose.
    I'm sure what ever you choose will look HOT!