Sequined Hotpants: Yay or Nay?

While we’re on the subject of fashion trains I forgot to catch, I never really picked up the sequins trend. Ever since seeing these shiny knickers on Topshop, though, I’ve been wondering if I should expand my horizons.

What do you think? Sequined panties + white ribbed tank + sheer, backseam pantyhose? Or have I been drinking the Kool-Aid again? If it helps, here’s the look from the Chanel runway a couple of seasons back.

Mad Mimi Form

Cora Harrington

1. Tights Lover says:

Drink away. I love those! Love em.

2. Saragirl says:

I say YES, with the caveat that hosiery is worn underneath.

3. Treacle says:

Yay! Glad you all both like them.

And I absolutely agree, Sargirl, tights would be a must under these.

4. Janus says:

These are underwear? I was thinking that the hotpants of the 1970s were making a comeback.

5. Treacle says:

@Janus–more like underwear that's meant to be seen. Sort of like a corset. Technically underwear, but people rarely wear them under anything.

6. T-Rex says:

I think you can work it, with the right outfit. Keep everything else toned down, and these could be very sexy. I'm picturing them with knee high boots. Nothing stiletto or pointy toed, though. A boot with a medium heel, or maybe even flat.