It’s Corset Time Again!

You thought I was done…didn’t you? ;-)

There are a lot of reasons I do this blog (and I’ll probably discuss a few of them in a later post), but a major perk of writing Stockings Addict is that it puts me in contact with people I’ve admired forever.

I can’t tell you how my little nylon-clad heart goes pitter-patter when I get a comment from Catherine of Kiss Me Deadly or Vicki of La Magia or Danae of Knickers Blog. The fact that professionals in the industry believe I’m worth reading is one of the highest compliments anyone could pay.

Today, I received another of those compliments from SugarKitty. SugarKitty is the Grande Dame responsible for two of my custom made corsets, including this silk dupioni underbust. I love this corset, not only because it’s a perfect fit, but also because I can dress it up, or down, as needed.

Anyway, the point of this post is that Ms. Kitty thought enough of me to put my photo on her Facebook, her Flickr, her Model Mayhem, and her website. I feel like pulling a Sally Field and shouting, “You like me! You really like me!” Instead, I’ll just repost the picture below. :-)

1. Vicki
    18/09/09 at 3:12

That's such a gorgeous picture, and the Sirena bra fits like a dream!

2. Treacle
    18/09/09 at 4:36

The Sirena bra is one of the best purchases I've ever made.

It fits good, it looks good, and I can wear it as under or outer wear. I hope KMD keeps this style around.

3. Vicki
    18/09/09 at 6:44

They are Treacle, a lovely new colourway will be arriving very soon ;)

4. Catherine
    18/09/09 at 9:01

Hey, its great for us everytime you mention us! And you know I love to see pics of our stuff styled differently . . . I love your look – or looks, rather.

Anyway I should be upstairs trying to be glamourous at journalists, but, yes, the sirena is sticking around, back in January in a new colour :)
    Sticking with the 6 strap frou frou version of the belt and not the original one we did, too.

5. Stocking Vixen
    18/09/09 at 13:30

That's so funny, because I saw that photo when you posted it as a TwitPic and I have been meaning to ask you why you weren't doing any modeling on the side. You have an awesome wardrobe and you're gorgeous and in fantastic shape.

DO IT! :)

6. Treacle
    18/09/09 at 22:34

@Vicki, @Catherine:

Ooooohh…I can't wait to see what's next! And yay for six strap garter belts; they're so much more effective than the four strap version.

@Lisa:

I'm just not a model, and I'm careful about who takes my image and how it's circulated. I know and trust Photognome, and until I get as close to someone else as I am to him, I'll leave the picture-taking to my friends. :-)