You’ve got a Facebook page, but no one is liking it. You’ve got a Twitter account, but no one is tweeting at you. You’re on Pinterest, but no one repins you. And you’re on Tumblr, but no one reblogs you. It’s pretty easy to set up your social profiles. The hard part is knowing how to use them. Just being on social media isn’t enough.
Your social media presence is your brand’s public face to the world. People will make assumptions about who you are and what kind of business you run based on how your Facebook, Pinterest, and Tumblr look. Is it dead…with no comments, shares, or other types of interaction? Or is if lively, with discussion and likes happening almost faster than you can keep track of? We all know what the ideal version of our social channels should look like, but how do you make reality match that?
That’s what a Social Media Strategy session is for. In this session, we can talk any or all of the following:
• Who should be the face and voice of your platforms? The owner? An employee? An intern?
• How do you manage multiple platforms without repeating yourself?
• Which social platforms should take the lion’s share of your attention?
• How can you incentive fans and followers to participate beyond giveaways and freebies?
• What’s the primary purpose of your social platforms and how do you measure the ROI?
• How can you tell if a negative comment is a troll, spam, a competitor, or legitimate?
• Is an ad campaign right for you?
A Social Media Strategy session is all about working together to come up with a plan that works for your particular business. Social Media Strategy is available in a one-on-one session or in a group class. We can talk via Skype, phone, or in person. And if you’d rather split the 3 hour training into 2 or 3 sessions, we can do that too. And of course, I won’t leave you hanging…all Social Media Strategy Sessions come with a free follow-up sessions 4 weeks later.
To inquire about rates and scheduling, please email email@example.com.
Take a look at what two of my clients had to say about their Social Media Strategy Sessions–